Cauliflower F1 Him Daksh - 65 - Seeds
Description for Cauliflower F1 Him Daksh - 65
Packed with rich nutrients, cauliflower or cabbage flower is one of the commonly used flower-vegetable. The flower heads contain numerous health benefiting phtyo-nutrients such as indole-3-carbinol, sulforaphane etc., that help prevent prostate, ovarian and cervical cancers.
Botanically, it is a member of the cruciferous or brassicaceae family. It has got a similar nutritional and phyto-chemistry profile with broccoli and cabbage. Several cultivars exist other than common snow-white variety, including green, orange, purple, and romanesco heads.
You can eat cauliflower raw, steamed, stir-fried or cooked in casseroles.
Lifecycle: annual, Biennial grown as an annual.
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Purple Cauliflower, Cauliflower Purple Sicily , Cauliflower Sicilian Violet , Cauliflower Violet Queen , Graffiti Cauliflower, Cavolfiore di Sicilia Violetto.Brassica oleracea(Botanical Name).||White||Winter||Height: 1 to 2 feet
Spread: 1.3 to 3 feet
|Moderate to difficult|
Planting and care
|Full sun, Can tolerate light shade but will slow maturity. Light shade can be beneficial in warm weather.||Requires well-drained soil, Prefers well-drained, fertile soil high in organic matter, pH 6.0 to 7.5. Can tolerate slightly alkaline soil. Needs plentiful, consistent moisture.||Cauliflower needs consistent moisture and plenty of water. Without sufficient water, the heads turn bitter.||18 to 30Â°C||Since cauliflower takes so long to mature, some supplemental feeding will be necessary. Feed every 2 - 4 weeks with an organic fertilizer like kelp and fish emulsion.|
Caring for Cauliflower F1 Him Daksh
- Make sure that the plants have uninterrupted growth. Any interruption can cause the plants to develop a head prematurely or ruin the edible part completely.
- Cauliflower requires consistent soil moisture. They need 1 to 1.5 inches of water each week; with normal rainfall, this usually requires supplement watering.
- For best growth, side-dress the plants with a nitrogen fertilizer. Note that the cauliflower will start out as a loose head and it takes time for the head to form.
- Many varieties take at least 75 to 85 days from transplant. Be patient.
- When the curd (the white head) is about 2 to 3 inches in diameter, tie the outer leaves together over the head with a rubber band, tape, or twine. This is called blanching, and it protects the head from the sun and helps you get that pretty white colour.
- The plants are usually ready for harvest 7 to 12 days after blanching.
Typical uses of Cauliflower F1 Him Daksh
Culinary use: The thick, oval leaves have a pronounced mid-rib and veins. The leaves and stem of cauliflower are both edible.