** for new paypal users only
|Special Gift Today|
|upto 100% Cashback on all orders Today|
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
Description for Cavolo Nero Kale
Cavolo Nero is a leafy type of cabbage that doesn't form round, compact heads, but rather resembles palm fronds, with very dark green, almost black, leaves that can be up to a yard (a meter) long, have pronounced ribs, and whose surfaces have a distinctive ruffled appearance. It grows best in the spring and fall and can tolerate fall frosts.
Planting and care
- It can easily be propagated by seeds.
- You can plant kale at any time, from early spring to early summer.
- If you plant kale late in the summer, you can harvest it from fall until the ground freezes in winter.
- Plant the seeds half inch deep into well-drained, light soil.
- After about 2 weeks, thin the seedlings so that they are spaced 8 to 12 inches apart.
Caring for Cavolo Nero Kale
- Apart from keeping the soil well hoed and weeded you should remove any discolored lower leaves from the plant to improve the air-flow through the crop and thus minimize pests (aphids) and diseases (molds).
- Kale will thrive in any moderately fertile soil with good drainage, organic matter, and a pH range of 5.5-6.5. It needs regular, even watering to avoid bitterness.
- Kale grows best in cool climates and may survive winter. Start seeds indoors 6 weeks before the last frost or seed directly as soon as the soil can be worked. Plant mid-July for fall harvests.
Throughout the winter.
Typical uses of Cavolo Nero Kale
Culinary use: Cavolo nero is incredibly versatile and can be boiled, stir-fried, steamed or massaged in dressing and eaten raw.
Medicinal use: Kale has nutritional value and health benefits.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Good seeds - derived good rate of germination - yet to grow to form heads
I have this plant in different flower colour variety.
Can be grown in pot??
Nicely packed. Have tried some of the seeds and they germinated quite well - would recommend to all
Very Good Quality Seeds