Shami, Tree of Dhanishta Nakshatra, Capricorn or Makar Rashi - Plant
|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 300 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 30 - Rs 150) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 300
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Prosopis Cineraria, Shami, Sami
Prosopis cineraria is a species of flowering tree in the pea family, Fabaceae. Leaves are double compound. The leaflets are dark green and have a tiny point. The tree is evergreen or nearly so. It produces new flush leaves before summer. The flowers are small in size and yellow or creamy white in color, appear from March to May after the new flush of leaves. The pods are formed soon thereafter and grow rapidly in size attaining full size in about two months time.
Planting and care
This plant is propagated through seeds and root suckers. Seed germinates best if the hard seed coat is softened first to allow the ingress of water. Then sow the seeds in the porous potting mix. Monsoon season is best for sowing and planting this plant.
Caring for Prosopis Cineraria
- It is well adapted to the arid conditions and stands well to the adverse vagaries of climate and browsing by animals.
- Choose the sunniest spot in your garden.
- Water the plant at the only growing season.
- Also, prepare the soil with fertilizers and plant feed before planting the tree.
Typical uses of Prosopis Cineraria
Special features: Shami plant considers a sacred tree.
Medicinal use: Prosopis Cineraria plant produces gum, which is obtained during May and June. The bark of the tree is dry, acrid, bitter with a sharp taste; cooling anthelmintic; tonic, cures leprosy, dysentery, bronchitis, asthma, leukoderma, hemorrhoids, and muscle tremors. The smoke of the leaves is good for eye troubles.
- Note: Please consult with the specialist first before using.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments