Red Silk Cotton Tree of Jyehstha Nakshatra, Scorpio or Vrishchik Rashi - Plant
|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 300 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 30 - Rs 150) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 300
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Bombax malabaricum, Red samel
This Asian tropical tree has a straight tall tree and its leaves are deciduous in winter. Red flowers with 5 petals appear in the spring before the new foliage. It produces a capsule which, when ripe, contains white fibres like cotton. Its trunk bears spikes to deter attacks by animals. Although its stout trunk suggests that it is useful for timber, its wood is too soft to be very useful.
Planting and care
It can easily be propagated by seeds. soak the seeds in water 12 hours before sowing. Seeds can be sown in a sunny position in nursery beds. Water the seeds regularly. Germination will start in 10 - 25 days. Transplant 5cm tall seedlings to individual containers and plant out 12 months later.
Caring for Bombax malabaricum
- Caring for this plant is very easy. As it is a drought tolerant plant, it does not require much watering.
- Water and fertilizer need only during the growing season, but once established it will perform well with occasional irrigation and no fertilizer.
- Prune the plant for maintaining its shape and size.
- Prune the damaged and diseased branches from the tree.
Typical uses of Bombax malabaricum
Special features: It is a plant of Jyehstha Nakshatra.
Culinary use: Its flower, flower bud, and young leaves are cooked as a vegetable. Ripe seeds are eaten roasted. Young roots are also eaten raw or roasted
Ornamental use: Can be grown as a single tree in the home garden and used for avenue planting.
Medicinal use: The extracts of the Silk Cotton Tree are beneficial in the treatment of male sexual disorders. It also has hemostatic properties and is administered during menorrhagia. Silk Cotton Tree extracts are also helpful in the treatment of gastrointestinal disorders like dysentery and diarrhea.
- Use only as per doctor's prescription.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments