With this purchase you will get:
Description for Madhuca indica, Moh
A deciduous tree, 10-15m tall and with a spreading, dense, round, shady canopy. The bark is rough, brown in color, slightly cracked and fissured, inner bark red, exudes white, milky sap when cut. Flowers in bunches at the end of the branches, white, 2cm long, pointed, sweet-scented, fleshy. Fruits ovoid, fleshy, 2-4cm across, greenish, 1-4 seeded. Seeds elongate, 2 cm long, brown shining.
Planting and care
It is cultivated in warm and humid regions for its oleaginous seeds, flowers, and wood. The tree grows on a wide variety of soils but thrives best on sandy soil. The species is drought-resistant, strong light demander and readily suppressed under shade. It is not frost-hardy. It also grows on shallow, bouldery, clayey and calcareous soils.
Caring for Madhuca indica
- Water a plant when the soil feels dry to touch. Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10am.
- You should remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and throw in the garbage collector.
- Fertilize a plant mostly in the spring season.
Typical uses of Madhuca indica
Medicinal use: The bark is used medicinally in the treatment of leprosy. The oil from the seeds is used in the treatment of skin diseases.
- Note: Use only after consulting the specialist.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments