Kadamba, Tree of Satabisha Nakshatra, Aquarius or Kumbha Rashi - Plant
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Kadamba
Kadamb is a deciduous tree which grows throughout India, especially at low levels and in wet places. Tree up to 45 m tall, without branches for more than 25 m. The crown is umbrella-shaped and the branches are characteristically arranged in tiers. Leaves simple, 13-32 cm long. Flowers orange, small, in dense, globose heads. They appear like solid, hairy orange balls. The fruits are small capsules, packed closely together to form a fleshy, yellow or orange colored infructescence containing approx. 8,000 seeds.
Planting and care
Kadamba tree is propagated through seeds or air layering in monsoon season. When the seedlings are 8 to 12 weeks old, they are transplanted into the main field.
Caring for Kadamba
- Water a plant when the soil feels dry to touch. Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10am.
- You should remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and throw in the garbage collector.
- Fertilize a plant mostly in the spring season.
Typical uses of Kadamba
Special features: Evergreen plant
Ornamental use: The tree is grown as an ornamental plant.
Medicinal use: The plant is considered to be astringent, digestive, expectorant and febrifuge.
- Note: Use only after consulting the specialist.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments