Golden Bamboo, Phyllostachys Aurea - Plant
Description for Golden Bamboo, Phyllostachys Aurea
Phyllostachys Aurea Golden Bamboo is a prime choice for privacy screening or a bamboo fence. A fast grower in warm climate, but less aggressive in colder climates. Provides a thick impenetrable grove when untrimmed. The culm nodes are compacted giving this species a great look on larger culms.
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Golden Bamboo, Phyllostachys Aurea,yellow groove bamboo||Golden Yellow||-||Upto 30 feet||easy to grow|
Planting and care
It is the fastest growing plant used in the landscape to create a natural, tall privacy screen. Some people are captivated by bamboos decorative appeal; the dazzling array of colors, and graceful, evergreen foliage. Others recognize bamboo as the premiere renewable resource of the 21st century, as it is able to double or even triple its mass in one growing season, requiring little more than water, soil, and sunlight.
|Full Sun||well-drained soil||Medium||5 F and above||Apply any organic fertilizer|
Caring for Golden Bamboo
- Choosing a bamboo for your container is quite similar to choosing a bamboo for your garden.
- You will need to know the amount of sunlight or shade your desired location will get.
- Most importantly, choose a bamboo that is cold hardy enough for your location.
- Is the bamboo for a privacy screen? If so, how tall or dense? The Bamboo Species section will list the hardiness, light tolerance and growth characteristics.
- Running Bamboos will generally give the best height. Because they are running bamboos, their roots are much more vigorous growing and will get root bound much sooner.
- Clumping Bamboos do not grow as aggressively and therefore will generally last much longer in pots before they get root bound and need repotting.
- Generally, most clumping Bamboos will not achieve the heights that a running bamboo would in a similar sized container.
Typical uses of Golden Bamboo
Special features: Screen. Hedge. Buffer for noise reduction. Backgrounds. Specimen. Excellent winter hardiness.
Ornamental use: The plant is used for ornamental purpose.