Bel Patra, Tree of Chitra Nakshatra, Virgo or Kanya Rashi - Plant
(Inclusive of all taxes)
|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 350 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 20 - Rs 200) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 499
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Bel Tree, Bilva Patra, Bel Patra ( Grown through seeds )
Bael is an indigenous fruit tree of India. Bael grows in wild and semi-wild in the North India states of Uttar Pradesh, Orissa, Bihar, West Bengal, and Madhya Pradesh. It is considered holy in Hindu religion and the leaves are used as offerings for Lord Shiva.
The flowering season starts in late May. It has pale yellowish green sweetly scented flowers. The slightly pear-shaped fruits are green in color and turn yellowish on ripening.
Planting and care
Bael plants should be planted at a distance of 8m x 8m (Budded plants) or 10m x 10m (seedlings). Pits of 90cm x 90cm x 90cm size are dug and filled with a mixture of topsoil + 25 kg farmyard manure up to a level of 6 cm from the ground level. February-March or July-August is the right time for planting.
Caring for Bel Tree
- Water a plant when the soil feels dry to touch. Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10am.
- You should remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and throw in the garbage collector.
- Fertilize a plant mostly in the spring season.
Typical uses of Bel Tree
Culinary use: The pulp is often processed as nectar or "squash" (diluted nectar).
Medicinal use: Bel benefits in healing digestive disorders, ulcers, headache, hypertension, diabetes, and numerous other ailments. The ripe fruit works as a laxative but is not digested easily. Unripe bel fruit, on the other hand, promotes digestion and cures diarrhea.
- Note: Use only after consulting the specialist.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments