With this purchase you will get:
Description for Strobilanthes dyeriana, Peacock Plant, Persian Shield
The dark green foliage with bright, metallic-purple stripes radiating outward from the central leaf vein. The flowers tend to be small and are out shown by the leaves.
Planting and care
Growing Persian shield requires warm temperatures and sultry humid air. Persian Shield grows best outdoors, although it can survive in other zones as a houseplant given sufficient temperature, soil moisture, and humidity. You can start Persian Shield from seed or cuttings.
Caring for Strobilanthes dyeriana
- Grow in the humid climate in the rich well-drained soil.
- Give some shade during the hottest parts of the summer.
- Do not prune the leaves back immediately after flowering.
- It will need minimum feeding at the start of the season and again about mid-way through the summer.
- Avoid chlorinated water, it will damage the leaves.
- Aphids and Whiteflies can become pests, look for the attack and act soon.
Typical uses of Strobilanthes dyeriana
Special features: Persian shield is a phenomenal foliar specimen.
Culinary use: NA
Ornamental use: It can be grown as an annual bedding plant or in containers. It can be used as a houseplant.
Medicinal use: NA
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Good quality they all grow nicely?
Very small but looking cute
Nice plant and vase. As well. I like it
Ideal plant for green gift
Is it a live plant?
Any query about strobilanthes dyeriana, peacock plant, persian shield - plant