Sansevieria trifasciata Golden Hahnii, Snake Plant - Succulent Plant
- NASA recommended air purifier plant.
- Best plant for AC rooms, office desk, etc.
- Zero maintenance plant.
- Best indoor plant for low light condition
- Popular houseplant with wavy cross stripes.
What makes it special:
(Inclusive of all taxes)Free Shipping
* Free Shipping on orders above 399
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Sansevieria trifasciata Golden Hahnii, Snake Plant
Sansevieria trifasciata Golden Hahnii is a stemless perennial succulent plant with dark green leaves with clear horizontal bands, arranged in an attractive rosette. It is a lovely, short growing form of Sansevieria trifasciata which remains less than a foot high as it sends out new shoots, and spreads into a cluster of leafy funnels. Snake plant can survive low light levels, drought and have few insect problems. NASA research has even shown that snake plants are able to help keep the air inside home clean, removing toxins such as formaldehyde and benzene.
Planting and care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:
Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
Caring for Sansevieria trifasciata Golden Hahnii
- Keep the plant indoor with bright indirect natural light or bright artifical light.
- Protect the Snake plant from direct sunlight as it can cause damage to the foliage.
- The soil should be well drained and fertile for growing Snake plant.
- Water the plant when the topsoil (1-2 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
- During the main growing season (April - August) feed the Snake plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- keep away from the AC Vents.
- Do not apply water on plant leaves.
- Do not overwater the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
Refer our Garden Guide for detailed procedures and meanings of words related to gardening.
Application of Fertilizer
For re-potting procedure click here
Typical uses of Sansevieria trifasciata Golden Hahnii
Special features: Snake plant is an excellent air purifier plant.
Ornamental use: It makes an excellent container or house plant.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Super happy with this. The packaging was great and the plant itself is exactly what I wanted.
A perfect house plant.
Have never ordered plants on line before but want to tell you how absolutely thrilled I am with the plants.
Good growth and 90% germination
Got all healthy plants..thanks