With this purchase you will get:
Description for Queen Sago, Cycas circinalis
Queen sago is a medium sized suckering cycad, growing up to 5 meters tall. A rather palm-like appearance, it produces one or more, usually unbranched stems topped with a crown of large, bright green, glossy leaves 150 - 250cm long. The dark green pinnate leaves, with narrow foot long leaflets that curve gracefully downward.
Planting and care
This palm can be propagated from seed. Sow the seeds in a fresh potting mix. After sprouting in six weeks that plants can be transferred to pots or in the ground.
Caring for Queen Sago
- Watering should be done early in the morning if the soil feels dry to touch.
- Give fertilize lightly during the growing season.
- This plant doesn't t really like to be disturbed, so repot only when necessary.
- Pruning can be done anytime to remove dead fronds.
- Look over your plant often for scale and treat any infestation immediately with insecticide.
Typical uses of Queen Sago
Special features: Attractive leaves
Ornamental use: This palm is used as the ornamental purpose.
- http://tropical.theferns.info/viewtropical.php?id=Cycas+circinalis http://olabrisagardens.com/tropical-gardening-advice/planting-roots-in-mexico/cycads/queen-sago-palm/
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Any query about queen sago, cycas circinalis - plant