- Beautiful addition to interior space
- Air purifier plant.
- Shade loving plant
What makes it special:
(Inclusive of all taxes)* Shipping 79
* Free Shipping on orders above 399
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Fish Tail Fern
Fishtail palm is a fast-growing feather palm that makes a beautiful addition to the landscape. It has a gray trunk (grows to about 30 ) that is covered by regularly spaced leaf scar rings.
This large fern variety has fronds up to 3 feet long that are less petulant and lighter green color than the parent species. Its pinnae (leaflets) tips are once or twice forked like a fishâ€™s tail giving an unusual appearance.
Planting and care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:
Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
Caring for Fish Tail Fern
- Keep the plant in indirect bright sunlight or partial sunlight area.
- The fish tail fern survives in the outer as well as in the indoor condition, just protect from the harsh sunlight.
- Use nutrient rich, well drained, well aereted, and porous potting mix.
- Water a plant when the topsoil in pot (5 to 8 cm) feels dry to touch.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10 am.
- Apply fertilize a plant mostly in the spring and early monsoon season.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots to the plant can easily uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days then move the plant to its required light condition. For re-potting procedure click here
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Refer our Garden Guide for detailed procedures and meanings of words related to gardening.
Application of Fertilizer:
Typical uses of Fish Tail Fern
Special features: This plant has a leaf shape that resembles the lower fin of a fish.
Culinary use: NA
Ornamental use: It makes an excellent hanging as well as a pot plant.
Medicinal use: NA
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
It is easiest to grow houseplant.
Thanks the plant is growing well
Young ones adapt better
I can see the love and care that goes into shipping my plants, thanks nurserylive.
Young ones adapt better