- Indoor air purifier
- Low-maintainence plant
- Used in landscaping.
What makes it special:
(Inclusive of all taxes)Free Shipping
* Free Shipping on orders above 399
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Dracaena Colorama
Dracaena Colorama is a popular indoor plant originally from East Africa that is often used to adorn homes and offices. It is an attractive, stiff-leaved plant with colorful foliage that sometimes goes by the name dragon tree. Dracaena Marginata is a very popular houseplant. Slender gray upright stems are topped by tufts of arching, glossy, sword-shaped leaves. Leaves are deep green with narrow reddish edges. Lower leaves fall off with age leaving distinctive diamond-shaped leaf scars on the stems.
These are some of the best house plants and make great additions to any home while requiring minimal care. Bright indirect light is best and they will take some morning sun. Most Dracaena will tolerate lower light levels for some time with reduced watering frequency.
Planting and care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:
Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
Caring for Dracaena Colorama
- This plant should be grown in bright indirect sunlight, but is known to tolerate lower light levels.
- It require well-drained soil rich in organic matter.
- Water only when the soil feels dry to touch.
- Soil must never be allowed to dry out completely.
- This plant is sensitive to fluoride, which can cause discolouration.
- Water with distilled or non-fluoridated water.
Application of Fertilizer
- Apply organic fertilizers during spring and rainy season.
- Loosen the soil without damaging the roots. It will help the plant to uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in required light condition. For re-potting procedure click here
- Wipe the dust from the leaves with a clean, damp cloth.
- Remove dead, decay and infected part of the plant.
- For insect attack apply neem oil or any organic insecticide.
Refer our Garden Guide for detailed procedures and meanings of words related to gardening.
Typical uses of Dracaena Colorama
Ornamental use: Used as indoor plant in home and offices.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
perfect gift for your office and home.
Amazed us with safe and sound delivery
Plants are a great way to bring a little natural beauty indoors.
Plant was received in very good condition. Cost little more but a good buy
This is one of my favorite plants.