- What makes it special:
- Attractive foliage plant
- Best plant for AC rooms
- Zero maintenance plant
(Inclusive of all taxes)Free Shipping
* Free Shipping on orders above 399
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Bird Nest Fern, Asplenium nidus
Interesting Fact: Leaves are borne from a central, funnel-shaped rosette of fuzzy, brown wool where the emerging fronds resemble bird's eggs, giving the plant its common name.
The fern, which grows at the base of large branches, has a unique ability to trap water and develop its own store of humus. Epiphytic fern having a stout and erect rhizome, bearing a rosette of leaves at the top. Leaf stalks are stout and almost black, leaf length can be up to 150 cm or more and up to 20 cm wide. It narrows gradually, tapering both towards the pointed tip and towards the base. Spores are light brown, transparent when fresh.
Planting and care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:
Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
Caring for Bird Nest Fern
- Keep the plant in partial sunlight area.
- Also, keep the plant indoor condition where the bright light is available.
- Use nutrient rich, well drained, well aereted, and porous potting mix.
- Water a plant when the topsoil in pot (5 to 8 cm) feels dry to touch.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10 am.
- Apply fertilize a plant mostly in the spring and early monsoon season.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots to the plant can easily uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days then move the plant to its required light condition.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts.
Refer our Garden Guide for detailed procedures and meanings of words related to gardening.
Application of Fertilizer:
For re-potting procedure click here
Typical uses of Bird Nest Fern
Special features: Attractive foliage plant
Ornamental use: This plant is an excellent container or house plant.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
M vry hapy wid d plants..... its so b ful ...... just want to know how often have to sprinkle water in it..
Fresh and beautiful, Must buy!
This plant initially takes time to grow.
Given as a gift in the hopes of bringing prosperity to the recipient
Thank you for nice plants deleviry ... now i can trust online shopping of plants?