With this purchase you will get:
Description for Annona Squamosa, Sita Phal ( Grown through seeds )
Well-branched tree or shrub from the family Annonaceae that bears edible fruits called sugar-apples. It tolerates a tropical lowland
Planting and care
Seed propagation is the traditional method, through which the sugar apple tree is grown. It is the most used propagation method. Plant spacing is 5 X 5 m. The plantation is done in the rainy season.
Caring for Annona Squamosa
- There must be adequate moisture in the soil to encourage vegetative growth and blooms that occur on the new branches.
- The tree should be watered in every 2 â€“ 4 weeks during the period of low growth and every 3 to 5 days while it is flowering and setting fruits.
- Sugar apple is normally fairly low maintenance and quite easy to grow, as long as a level of basic care is provided throughout the year.
- Growing sugar apple tree requires weed management.
- the sugar apple is susceptible to wind damage. Therefore, it should be planted in a location that is sheltered from the wind.
Typical uses of Annona Squamosa
Special features: Sugar apples (Annona squamosa) are the fruit of one of the most commonly grown Annona trees.
Culinary use: The ripe fruits are edible. The sweetish fruit varies considerably in quality; some are eaten raw but most often they are used in preserves, drinks, ice cream, puddings etc.
Ornamental use: The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
Medicinal use: The bark and leaves contain annonaine, an alkaloid. In tropical America, a decoction of the leaves is used as a cold remedy and to clarify urine. A bark decoction is used to stop diarrhoea, while the root is used in the treatment of dysentery.
Sugar-apple is high in energy, an excellent source of vitamin C and manganese, a good source of thiamine and vitamin B6, and provides vitamin B2, B3 B5, B9, iron, magnesium, phosphorus and potassium in fair quantities.
Note: USe only after consulting the specialist.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
I really like ur live plants and wish to order more in future
Suddenly all my house plants have started blooming and have lush foliage :)
Got the plant in good condition, and it is growing well.
very durable plant to a wide range of conditions
I have ordered twice now from online plants and both orders have been more than what I expected
Any query about annona squamosa, sita phal ( grown through seeds ) - plant