|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 300 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 30 - Rs 150) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 300
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Teardrop Peperomia, Peperomia orba
Peperomia is a genus of more than 1000 species of small, compact perennial epiphytes growing on rotten wood, in the family Piperaceae. Peperomia is native to tropical America, with a few in Africa. It is also known as Radiator plant, Baby Rubber Plant, Emerald Ripple, or Wax Privet, and grown for its ornamental foliage, and sometimes for their flowers.
Peperomia varies considerably in appearance from species to species, from threadlike, trailing stems to thick, fleshy, stout stems. The leaves, 2.5-10 cm long, are smooth and fleshy, oval with leafstalk at or near the center of the leaf blade, or heart-shaped or lance-shaped, with some species have red petioles. The leaves can be solid green or variegated with stripes, marbled or bordered with pale green, red or gray. The inconspicuous, tiny flowers are grown in the form of greenish yellow to brown conical spike like an inverted catkin. The stems and leaves of Peperomia species contain the poisonous alkaloid.
Planting and care
Most peperomias will propagate from leaf cuttings. The best time for propagation is spring, but rooting can also be done in fall. Cut off leaf along with a little stem. Stick several leaf cuttings in one pot. Press or tamp soil down around cuttings after watering. Cover pot with a plastic bag or soda bottle â€“ put several holes in bag or soda bottle. Leave pot in normal room temperature. Remove plastic bag or soda bottle regularly for fresh air and prevent rotting. New plants will start growing from leaf base. When plants are rooted well and big enough they can be repotted into individual pots.
Caring for Teardrop Peperomia
- Keep in a bright sunny location.
- Try not to water the leaves, give water to soil only.
- Avoid overwatering as the roots may get rot.
- Water the plant in a morning, between 8 to 10 am.
- Re-pot when the plant performs clump and goes beyond the pot size. It should be done before or after the rainy season and in the spring season.
- Avoid keeping in suffocated areas or in dark room.
- While, re-potting or propagating try not to disturb the roots.
- Required care in the winter season. If growing in a pot, then kept in indoors and growing in outside do mulching.
Typical uses of Teardrop Peperomia
Ornamental use: This plant with its pale blue-green leaves can be used as contrasting foliage in succulent plantings, cactus gardens or xeriscape plantings. It is also pretty used as edging for dry borders and in rock gardens. It can be kept in pots too, provided the soil drains well.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments