- Air purifier plant
- Easy to grow.
- Classy plant for interior look.
What makes it special:
(Inclusive of all taxes)* Shipping 79
* Free Shipping on orders above 399
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Ficus Elastica, Rubber Plant (Small)
These tropical plants generally have thick stems and fleshy, variegated leaves. Gardeners value this small, compact plant for its thick, waxy foliage, ornamental flowers and ease of care. It has broad shiny oval leaves. Leaf size is the largest in young plants.
The leaves develop inside a reddish sheath at the tip of branches, which looks very attractive. The tree can yield a milky white latex, which has been used to make rubber.
Planting and care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:
Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
Caring for Ficus Elastica
- Place the ficus near a window in a room that gets bright morning sunlight.
- Turn the plant occasionally so all the growth does not occur on one side.
- Use nutrient rich, well drained, well aereted, and porous potting mix.
- Water a plant when the topsoil in pot (5 to 8 cm) feels dry to touch.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10 am.
- Apply fertilize a plant mostly in the spring and early monsoon season.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots to the plant can easily uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days then move the plant to its required light condition. For re-potting procedure click here
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Refer our Garden Guide for detailed procedures and meanings of words related to gardening.
Application of Fertilizer:
Typical uses of Ficus Elastica
Special features: The leaves of the Rubber Tree are glossy, oval-shaped and dark green making it a perfect ornamental plant for interior decoration.
Culinary use: NA
Ornamental use: The shiny glossy leaves look great and give a classy look to your interior space.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Plant is in very good condition.....Vase is good ..... Packaging is ok..... Jelly balls were broken....
Can this grown in hot places.
Amazed to see this plant.
Perfectly OK for indoor use with artificial lighting.
I m really happy to say that your packing is good ,on time delivery all plants are good .