With this purchase you will get:
Description for Peace Lily, Spathiphyllum (Golden)
Peace Lily clump-growing herbaceous perennial plant which produces white flowers which look like the hood of a cobra. Leaves are shiny and glossy, attractive even with no spathes.
Peace lilies are sturdy plants with glossy, golden oval leaves that narrow to a point. The leaves rise directly from the soil. The long-lasting flowers start out pale green and slowly turn creamy white as they open.
Planting and care
The soil for the peace lily should be kept moist but not soggy. Let the soil dry between waterings, but do not allow to wilt; this causes the leaves to yellow. When watering, use water that is at room temperature and has been allowed to sit so that the chlorine can evaporate.
The plant grows well in the potting mix as soil, vermicompost, and coco peat (1:1:1)
Repotting annually in the spring is good for the lily because it will need refreshed soil.
Caring for Peace Lily
- Keep the soil moist at all times, but do not overwater.
- During the winter fertilize every 6 weeks or so.
- If you want flowers to appear, but none have, move the plant to a darker room.
- Peace lilies should be re-potted when the root growth has overfilled the container.
- Use a humus rich potting soil to repot the peace lily.
- To help the roots to retain soil and prevent the root tearing, re-pot the plant when the soil is somewhat moist.
Typical uses of Peace Lily
Special features: The Peace Lily is no different, if you put it in a bright spot without direct sunlight, growth will be rapid and robust. Of course as the common stereotype states, it will survive, adapt and grow (albeit slowly) even if you pick a darker spot in your home for it instead.
Ornamental use: Peace lilies are used as the ornamental purpose.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments