** for new paypal users only
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Pachyveria clavata
It is a beautiful, hybrid succulent up to 8 inches (20 cm) tall. The leaves are grey green, elongated to spatulate, almost flat, up to 4 inches (10 cm) long and up to 1.2 inches (3 cm) in the upper half. The flowers, which appear atop up to 10 inches (25 cm) long stems, have reddish petals surrounded by fleshy sepals the same color as the foliage.
Planting and care
This plant can be grown from leaf cuttings. Pull a leaf from the main stem, leave it to dry for a day, then place it on the surface of the growing medium. The growing medium should be light and well drained, you can use a mixture of soil, sand and compost. The leaf will form roots and eventually, a small rosette will appear at the base. It requires minimum 10 degrees C temperature and partial sun to form roots and new growth. Remove and pot up the new plant when well rooted. Water the new plant regularly.
Caring for Pachyveria clavata
- Keep in a bright sunny location.
- Try not to water the leaves, give water to soil only.
- Avoid overwatering as the roots may get rot.
- Water the plant in a morning, between 8 to 10 am.
- Re-pot when the plant performs clump and goes beyond the pot size. It should be done before or after the rainy season and in the spring season.
- Avoid keeping in suffocated areas or in dark room.
- While, re-potting or propagating try not to disturb the roots.
- Required care in the winter season. If growing in a pot, then kept in indoors and growing in outside do mulching.
Typical uses of Pachyveria clavata
Ornamental use: This plant with its pale blue-green leaves can be used as contrasting foliage in succulent plantings, cactus gardens or xeriscape plantings. It is also pretty used as edging for dry borders and in rock gardens. It can be kept in pots too, provided the soil drains well.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Any query about pachyveria clavata - succulent plant