- Low maintenance plant.
- Plant with large leaves.
What makes it special:
299+ Gift Out of Stock
(Inclusive of all taxes)* Shipping 79
* Free Shipping on orders above 399
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Monstera obliqua
Monstera features big (2-foot-wide) leaves that look like they have holes or cuts in them, giving rise to two of its other common names: Swiss cheese plant and split-leaf philodendron. While young, this houseplant has a dense, bushy shape, but as it grows, it wants to vine out. Monstera can be kept bushy with regular pruning, or let it climb up a vertical support (such as fishing line fastened into the ceiling), for a decidedly bold and tropical look.
Planting and care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:
Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
Caring for Monstera obliqua
- Keep the plant indoor or outdoor in bright light or direct morning sunlight atleast 3 to 4 hours.
- Protect the Monstera plant from harsh direct sunlight as it can cause damage to the foliage. Soil
- The soil should be well drained and fertile for growing Monstera plant. Watering
- Water the plant when the topsoil (2-3 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Do not ever overwater the plant.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season. Application of Fertilize
- During the main growing season (April - August) feed the Monstera plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily. Re-potting
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.
- Large leaves can collect dust. If you notice the leaves are dirty or dusty, wipe the leaves with a damp cloth and gently dry to keep them clean and healthy.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Refer our Garden Guide for detailed procedures and meanings of words related to gardening.
For re-potting procedure click here
Typical uses of Monstera obliqua
Special features: Large leaved indoor plant for warm, bright and humid areas.
Ornamental use: It makes an excellent container or house plant.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Does it comes with soil?
Amazed us with safe and sound delivery
Plant was healthy and growing.Delivered in well packed protective method. Appreciable. Thank you
A happy customer ?? But like could the rate be a bit reasonably else all good ... thanks
This plants collection is awesome!!! I would recommend it to everyone.