** for new paypal users only
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Davallia Trichomanoides, Small Rabbit Foot Fern
The plant is called umbrella plant because it has a grass-like habit with sprays of foliage at the top of the stems. These sprays of foliage radiate out like the spokes in an umbrella. The stems are rigid and triangular and have white pith inside. The pith is the source of papyrus paper. Papyrus has no frost tolerance and should be moved indoors for the winter.
In their native habitat, these ferns are often epiphytic, which explains their creeping rhizomes. In indoor cultivation, they are frequently grown as hanging plants or long-term potted plants.
Planting and care
Along with clumping ferns, the Davallia are relatively easy to propagate. You can propagate from spores, but it s just as easy to divide the underground rhizome and split your fern in two, potting up each half into a new container.
It s best to perform this operation on older plants so you can get the most viable rhizome possible.
Caring for Davallia Trichomanoides
- These do not need frequent repotting and in fact should be encouraged to overgrow their pots a little bit.
- This is especially true for hanging plants, which look better when they cascade slightly and their unique rhizomes are visible protruding from the container.
- For best growth, repot every other year.
- Be aware that these plants are very sensitive to accumulated fertilizer salts, in part because of their rhizomes.
- Make sure to flush the soil very well at least once a year and even soak the root ball to clean out fertilizer.
Typical uses of Davallia Trichomanoides
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Can be kept in semi shade areas
I can see the love and care that goes into shipping my plants, thanks nurserylive.
Plants are awesome.. the quality is just fantastic. .....I gifted it to my mom on her anniversary
Nice plant. team is also always ready to help. Go for this if you are interested in buying a online plant. you wont be disappointed.
I really like ur live plants and wish to order more in future
Any query about davallia trichomanoides, small rabbit foot fern - plant