Silver Dust, Dusty Miller - Plant
(Inclusive of all taxes)
|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 350 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 20 - Rs 200) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 499
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Silver Dust, Dusty Miller
While they are a beautiful plant on their own, they are commonly used to add a nice contrast to flower beds and along borders because they look good with any type and colour of flower or plant.
Although the dusty miller flower blooms in mid-summer, the small yellow blooms are small and not considered showy. Foliage of the dusty miller plant, however, is long lasting and drought resistant.
As with most silvery, furry plants, growing dusty miller helps the garden remain attractive through the heat of the summer. It will also tolerate frost.
Planting and care
Dusty miller is often planted in flower beds and is especially striking in containers where the lacy foliage is viewed up close. Dusty miller comes in several varieties, all of which have silvery foliage, but the shape of the leaves is slightly different. The mature height of the plant ranges from 8 to 18 inches. Dusty miller is often grown as an annual.
It benefits from a light application of a general-purpose, slow-release fertilizer in early spring.
To apply the fertilizer, sprinkle 2 to 3 teaspoons of dry fertilizer around every plant, and then water deeply to prevent scorching and to distribute the fertilizer evenly around the roots. After that, you don t need to fertilize.
Caring for Silver Dust
- Dusty miller care may involve a midsummer trim if the plant becomes leggy.
- The dusty miller flower may be removed to keep the plant compact.
- Bright sunlight brings out the best in dusty miller.
- In shade, the foliage is sparse, loose and more likely to become long and leggy, while plants grown in sunlight are leafy, dense and brilliant white.
- In mild climates, dusty miller remains attractive until after the first light frost and then reappears in spring.
- In this case, the plant often becomes shrubby and reaches heights up to 2 feet.
- In cooler climates, dusty miller is grown as an annual.
Typical uses of Silver Dust
Ornamental use: Dusty miller may be used as a background plant for low-growing, creeping annual plants, such as wave petunias. It may be attractively placed among ornamental grasses. Growing dusty miller may effectively be used in borders or as part of an outdoor container planting.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
I am satisfied with the plants.
Do you provide the plant with soil, and in grown condition?
This plants collection is awesome!!! I would recommend it to everyone.
Good one.. Good plant growth & good packing...
This plant is very easy to grow.