145Buy 1+1 Free
(Inclusive of all taxes)* Shipping 79
* Free Shipping on orders above 399
* Non returnable
|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|* on all orders above Rs 399|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 799
|Rs 350 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 20 - Rs 200) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 499
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
Description for Strawberry
They are one of the most productive plants when what is produced from the weight of the plant is considered. The leaves are compound, typically with three leaflets, and usually hairy. The flowers, generally white, rarely reddish, are borne in small clusters on slender stalks. Botanically, the bright colored strawberry fruit is considered an accessory fruit and is not a true berry. Strawberries begin to ripen four to five weeks after the first flowers open and continue to ripen for about three weeks. Propagation is possible by runners.
Planting and care
Strawberries are best planted in the spring or autumn. Sow seeds thinly in March or April in a fine soil-less mix. Simply press the seeds into a moist medium in the starter trays. Keep moist until plants emerge in 2-3 weeks.
Caring for Strawberry
- Clear away dead foliage as this can be susceptible to pests and diseases over winter.
- Strawberry plants need to be left outside for the autumn and winter as they require a chill period to initiate flowering.
- Feed your plants with a balanced fertilizer every two weeks until flowering begins, at which point you should switch to a high-potash liquid fertilizer for the best fruiting.
- Nitrogen fertilizer is needed at the beginning of every planting year.
October to November and April to May
Typical uses of Strawberry
Special features: Fruits
Culinary use: Juices, Jams and jellies
Ornamental use: NA
Medicinal use: It contains high anti-oxidant content.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Up to what height this plants grows.
Do this plant require special care to grow.
Is this available in other color varieties also.
Pink color available in this variety.