Description for Osteospermum Dimorphotheca Mixed
The flowers are prominent, 2 to 3 inches in diameter with dark-blue centers and an almost waxy appearance. Plants need good drainage and don t do well in high humidity.
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|African Daisy, Cape Marigold||yellow, blue, violet, white, pink||Mid-summer, late summer, early fall, mid-fall||8 and 12 inches tall||Medium|
Planting and care
|Full Sun||Requires well-drained soil||Keep soil moist||60 F to 65 F||Apply any organic fertilizer.|
Caring for Osteospermum Dimorphotheca Mixed
- Remove old and spent leaves to prevent fungus infections.
- When re-potting see that the crown of the plant is above the level of the soil.
- Generally, African Daisies do not need insecticides or fungicides. If a problem arises treat them with an insecticidal soap and /or fungicide.
- Mulching is done around but not on top of the plants with 3 inches of organic compost.
- Water the African Daisy wild flowers well weekly until soil is completely moist.
Most Osteospermum varieties are hybrids and will not grow true from saved seed.
Typical uses of Osteospermum Dimorphotheca Mixed
Special features: Osteospermum tolerates a wide range of soil types and occupies areas with 500 to 1500 mm annual rainfall.
Ornamental use: The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
Medicinal use: Is edible but no Culinary uses nutritional value.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
How can I order this productVishwa
Beautiful flowering plantPriscilla J John
Is this a fregrance flowering plant.Shruti Panda
can we collect seeds of this plant to regrow.Laxmi Indira
cute flowers in this plant.supriya
Any query about osteospermum dimorphotheca mixed - seeds