|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 300 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 30 - Rs 150) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 300
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
Description for Vinca F1 Nana Mixed
A grower once reported that he has grown Vinca in the same location for 30 years.It successfully reseeded itself each year, with no effort on his part.The plants are grown for its attractive glossy, green foliage, as well as its flowers.
Vinca plants are subshrubs or herbaceous, and have slender trailing stems 1â€“2 m (3â€“6 feet) long but not growing more than 20â€“70 cm (8-30 inches) above ground; the stems frequently take root where they touch the ground, enabling the plant to spread widely. The leaves are opposite, simple broad lanceolate to ovate, 1â€“9 cm (0.25â€“3.5 inches) long and 0.5â€“6 cm (0.25â€“2.25 inches) broad; they are evergreen in four species, but deciduous in the herbaceous V. herbacea, which dies back to the root system in winter.
The flowers, produced through most of the year, are salverform (like those of Phlox), simple, 2.5â€“7 cm (1â€“3 inches) broad, with five usually violet (occasionally white) petals joined together at the base to form a tube. The fruit consists of a pair of divergent follicles; a dry fruit which is dehiscent along one rupture site in order to release seeds.
Annual vinca plants are of the genus Cartharanthus, a member of the Apocynaceae family. This is a case where paying attention to the Latin name is helpful: you must distinguish the annual vinca flower from the perennial vinca minor vine, which forms a dense mat and can be invasive.
Planting and care
Vinca is commonly used for borders, edging, and ground cover or bedding plants.
Caring for Vinca F1 Nana Mixed
- Vinca or Periwinkle will grow in range of light conditions, from full sun to shade.
- They will do well in average soils. They are both heat and drought tolerant.
- This makes Vinca ideal in hot, dry parts of the country where other flowers will wither and wilt.
- Space Vinca plants 12-15 inches apart. Water well, when planting. Once plants are established, water only during extended droughts.
- Add a general purpose fertilizer once or twice a season.
- Mulch around plants in dry areas to help retain soil moisture.
Typical uses of Vinca F1 Nana Mixed
Special features: The low care nature of vinca plants helps them succeed in window boxes and other garden containers.
Medicinal use: Over the years, Vinca has been used for medicinal purposes. Applications included:
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
This plant grow in pot
How to place order
I want to buy this plant.
is it natural plant or artficial plant
I want to buy this plant in bulk.