Description for Pansy F1 Scarlet Red
The history of the modern pansy begins with a small European wild flower, Viola tricolour, commonly known as Johnny-jump-up. This was Shakespeare s little western flower. Wild pansies have a strong tendency (common among violet family members) to form natural hybrids. Their appearance is also greatly affected by growing conditions resulting in a lot of variation among the species.
These plants offer colourful flowers for any season in your garden. They have one of the widest ranges of colours and are good for containers, borders, and ground covers.
Planting and care
Pansies grow easily from seed but take a long time to mature, so they should be started early indoors about 10 to 12 weeks before the last frost date. Press pansy seeds into the surface of the soil and cover to their thickness, as darkness is required for germination. Covering the pots with black plastic is a good idea. Keep the planting medium damp, and once the seeds have sprouted, (about 14 days at 70 degrees F.) Move them to a greenhouse.
A week or so before transplanting into the garden, harden the pansy seedlings off by putting them in a cold frame or a sheltered spot outdoors during the day.
Caring for Pansy F1 Scarlet Red
- Remember to water your pansies regularly. One of the most common reasons pansies fail is because they are not watered enough, so if your pansies are not doing well, try watering them more.
- You can use a general, all-purpose fertilizer around your pansies to help them grow.
- Remove faded/dead flowers to prolong blooming and encourage more flowers to grow.
- Pansies are generally not affected by diseases or insects. However, where slugs are common, they will not bypass a bed of pansies.
- Either set out slug traps or sprinkle a bit of diatomaceous earth around the plants.
- If signs of mildew or any fungi are observed, take a sample leaf to a garden centre for correct identification and plant treatment.
Plant seeds in late winter for early spring and summer flowering, or plant seeds in the summer for winter flowering. 6 to 8 weeks before you plan on transplanting them.
Typical uses of Pansy F1 Scarlet Red
Special features: Attracts Butterflies
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
are this sesonal
After how many days it will flower.
Pink color available in this variety.
Can this plant be grown through seeds
What is other hindi name of this plant?