|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 300 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 30 - Rs 150) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 300
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
Description for Balsam Tom Thumb Mixed
Garden balsam is part of the Impatiens genus. Its scientific name is Impatiens balsamina. A type of non-edible flower / ornamental, it mainly grows as an annual plant - which means it typically only grows best for a single growing season. Garden balsam is known for its erect growing habit. Garden balsam is a great plant to attract butterflies, bees, and birds to your garden.
Garden balsam is normally quite a low maintenance plant and is normally very easy to grow - great for beginner gardeners!
Very shade-tolerant, balsam brings the tropics to the annual garden with brightly colored flowers borne closely along the upright, bright green stem of the plant.
Planting and care
Propagate by seed - Balsam is a prolific self-sower. After one season of growth, it generally reappears from self sown seeds the next year. After frost has passed, scatter seeds where desired, or sow seeds indoors 6 to 8 weeks before the last spring frost.
Do not cover the seeds with soil, as they need light to germinate. Until the seeds germinate, cover the seed trays with clear plastic to maintain high humidity. Water from below to prevent damping off.
Germination temperature: 65 F to 70 F
Days to emergence: 7 to 14
Caring for Balsam Tom Thumb Mixed
- Balsam needs moist, well-drained soil and performs best in partial shade locations. Amend the soil with compost and break up clods before transplanting young balsam. Spacing is 12 to 18 inches apart.
- Water the plants from below to help prevent powdery mildew. A soaker hose or drip line system will assist with this method of watering.
- The plants will need supplemental watering at least once a week in the dry months. More frequent watering is necessary when caring for balsam in containers and hanging baskets.
- Collect the seed pod carefully at the end of the season for another year of rose balsam beauty in your garden. Let the pod dry and keep in a closed plastic bag or jar in a dark, cool area of the home until spring
Typical uses of Balsam Tom Thumb Mixed
Special features: Discovered in South East Asia, Balsam is an old-fashioned annual that produces single or double flowers in the leaf axils along the main stem of the plant from summer to early autumn. A great bedding annual the plant grows up to 12 inches in height.
Culinary use: Leaves and young shoots - cooked. (People with a tendency to rheumatism, arthritis, gout, kidney stones and hyperacidity should take especial caution if including this plant in their diet. Regular ingestion of large quantities of these plants can be dangerous due to their high mineral content ).
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
So beautiful plant.
Is it available in white color flower also.
Very good loocking plant.
I want this plant.
Beautiful flowering plant