Minimum quantity to order : 10 pieces
Description for Zephyranthes robusta, Pink Fairy Lily
This name is a synonym of Habranthus robustus. This perennial spreads up to 6 inches. Deep green leaves are of about 5 to 10 mm wide and 30 to 40 cm long. Funnel-shaped flowers, 5 to 6 cm long.
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Brazilian copper lily, pink fairy lily or the pink rain lily||Lavender to pale pink||Late summer to early fall||Up to 12 inches||Moderate to grow|
Planting and care
Plough the bulbs 3 to 4 inches deep and 5 to 7 inches apart in the fall or winter or spring season, in a soil-based potting mix in full light. Bulbs can be transplanted after 2 years of growth. They can be propagated by dividing the bulbs and from the seed. Remove offsets in winter and pot up separately.
|Full sun or partial shade||Fertile, well-drained, neutral to alkaline soil||Medium||12 to 30 degrees C||Use any organic fertilizer.|
Caring for Zephyranthes robusta
- Reduce water as the foliage dies back, and keep barely moist when dormant.
- Fertilize weekly when in the bud condition.
- Mulch it well during the winter.
- Protect from excessive moisture in the winter.
- Give the plants a light fertilizer during growth.
- After blooming has finished, keep the leaves as it is for storage of food in the bulb.
Summer to fall (flowers and bulbs)
Typical uses of Zephyranthes robusta
Special features: Flowers
Culinary use: NA
Ornamental use: Habranthus robustus is widely grown as an ornamental.
Medicinal use: NA