Minimum quantity to order : 5 pieces
Description for Tulip (Red)
The tulip is a perennial, bulbous plant with showy flowers in the genus Tulipa, of which around 75 wild species are currently accepted and which belongs to the family Liliaceae.
Depending on the species, tulip plants can be between 4 inches and 28 inches in height. The large flowers of tulip usually bloom on scapes with leaves in a rosette at ground level and a single flowering stalk arising from amongst the leaves.
Planting and care
Sowing season of Tulip in the autumn and early winter season. Before sowing, you can keep the bulb in the refrigerator in a ventilated mesh bag for 10 to 14 weeks. The highest chilling temperature is around 4 C.
Dig a hole about three times as deep as the height of the bulb. Set the bulb in the hole, then covers with soil and press firmly. Planting space of bulbs 4 to 6 inches apart. Water thoroughly after planting.
Use the potting mix for bulb plantation as
- Garden soil + Compost + Perlite + Sand (2:2:1:1)
- Soil + Cocopeat + vermicompost (2:1:2)
Caring for Tulip
- Water a plant when the soil feels dry to touch. Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10am.
- You should remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and throw in the garbage collector.
- You should fertilize a plant mostly in the spring season, flower bud stage.
- Mulch the potting mix with organic material.
Typical uses of Tulip
Special features: Attractive flowers
Ornamental use: Tulips provide a finishing touch that brings the spring garden to life.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments