(Inclusive of all taxes)
* Free Shipping on orders above 399
Minimum quantity to order : 5 pieces
|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 799
|Rs 350 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 20 - Rs 200) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 499
|All India Delivery|
|10 Lakh Happy Customers|
Description for Hymenocallis Speciosa, Green-tinge spiderlily
These hearty bulbs are easy to grow and require minimal care, provided that you plant them in the right place. At home in both formal and naturalistic settings, lilies also most take readily to containers. Plus, they all make wonderful cut flowers! Daylilies are clump-forming perennials with arching, grasslike or straplike leaves. All the leaves arise from the base of the plant in two opposing ranks, resulting in a fan-like appearance.
Planting and care
- Select a site that gets full sun. For dependable blooms, lilies need six to eight hours of direct sunlight a day.
- If it is too shady, the stems will attempt to lean towards the sun or get spindly and fall over.
- Dig a hole deep and wide enough to accommodate the roots.
- Firm the soil around the crown, pressing down with both hands.
- It adapts to many different soil and light conditions.
- Plant in the early spring or in the early fall.
- Add organic compost to the soil before planting.
- Space the bulbs 10 to 18 inches apart and 1 inch deep.
- Daylilies do very well when planted outdoors.
- They are not fussy about soil, they can tolerate shade, and they are naturally resistant to insects.
Caring for Hymenocallis Speciosa
- Avoid keeping in the scorching sun.
- After planting, water well for a few weeks until the roots are established.
- Apply a balanced fertilizer in the spring or flowering season.
- Remove dead and damaged plant parts.
- Reduce watering in the extreme winter. Wait until the soil feels dry to touch.
Typical uses of Hymenocallis Speciosa
Special features: The flowers of some species are edible and are used in Chinese cuisine. They are sold (fresh or dried) in Asian markets as gum jum or golden needles or yellow flower
Culinary use: NA
Ornamental use: Daylilies are ideal perennials with many uses in a landscape: as specimen plants in the garden or massed to stabilize a slope or to act as a carefree ground cover.
Medicinal use: NA
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments