Minimum quantity to order : 5 pieces
|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 300 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 30 - Rs 150) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 300
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
Description for Hedychium (Red)
Hedychium is a perennial with thick, fleshy, branched rhizomes. The plants are having pseudostems and clasping leaves.
Planting and care
Use a soil which is well-amended with compost and organic source nutrients. Start planting in the spring. Plant the bulbs/rhizomes 18 to 36 inches apart and cover with 1/4 inch of soil. If necessary thin the seedlings in the spring. It can be propagated through the seeds, dividing, and plantlets.
Caring for Hedychium
- Reduce watering in the winter.
- Water well in the summer but avoid water logging conditions.
- Harsh sunlight from the afternoon may cause curling of leaves, so, avoid keeping in the strong sun.
- Do not remove the dead leaves in the winter, they act as a protection for the rhizomes if you want the flowers next season also.
- Re-pot in the bigger pot when you see the crowded leaves in a container.
- Use organic pesticides or fungicides if you find any pest attack or disease.
Dig up the rhizomes in late summer to early fall and store them for the next season.
Typical uses of Hedychium
Special features: Flowers are fragrant.
Culinary use: NA
Ornamental use: It is cultivated for their exotic foliage and fragrant spikes of flowers.
Medicinal use: NA
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments