Minimum quantity to order : 5 pieces
Description for Chincherinchee, Ornithogalum (White)
The common name of the genus, Star-of-Bethlehem, is based on its star-shaped flowers. The genus Ornithogalum contains about 180 species. The genus is characterized by long linear to oblong-lanceolate (lance-shaped) leaves.
The bulbs are ovoid with free or concrescent scales. These are white or off-white with green or brown shading in the centre, which fades over time. These flowers last a long time, once open, and bend towards the light. The leaves are fleshy and sword-shaped, and the only number about six per stalk. They feel soft and smooth to the touch.
Planting and care
Sowing season of Chincherinchee bulb is in the spring and summer season. Choose a location in full sun and be sure the soil is well drained.
Use the potting mix for bulb plantation as
- Garden soil + Compost + Perlite + Sand (2:2:1:1)
- Soil + Cocopeat + vermicompost (2:1:2)
Caring for Chincherinchee
- Water a plant when the soil feels dry to touch. Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10am.
- You should remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and throw in the garbage collector.
- You should fertilize a plant at planting time and growing season.
- Mulch the plant with organic matter.
Typical uses of Chincherinchee
Special features: Long-lasting flowers
Ornamental use: The flowers bed are so much pretty to add your garden.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Any query about chincherinchee, ornithogalum (white) - bulbs