Why microgreens are the new superfood??
Creating and keeping healthy eating habits does not have to be difficult. If you begin by fusing these superfoods into your daily habits, you can make a big impact on your eating pattern and create lasting, healthy eating habits.
There is a pack of little nutrient-dense SUPERFOOD you should pay attention to. We are talking about microgreens, the baby versions of vegetables and herbs such as radish, beet greens, cilantro, parsley, etc. Though these are tiny greens, they pack added nutrients than their fully grown form. These are usual greens that are harvested just after they grow and are full of nutrients, flavor, and freshness.
Microgreens are highly nutritious that can be affordably, and easily grown in your Kitchen!
Here is a list of amazing benefits that make these microgreens a superfood-
- Microgreens have large amounts of live enzymes that have more enzymes and nutrition than fully grown, or fruits and vegetables that we consume. These help in body functions and digestion. Increased enzymes and digestion supports increased breakdown and release of more nutrition from the food you are eating, including vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and essential fatty acids.
- Microgreens have large number of minerals and vitamins, including vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, C, K, and minerals such as copper, iron, manganese, phosphorus, and potassium. They also add up to alkalinity, which directly helps the human body to avoid chronic diseases.
- With high levels of vitamin and minerals, microgreens are rich in protein and fiber content too. Fiber essentially binds to fat and toxins to get rid of the body. This is an important process for not only weight loss and detoxification.
- Several researches show that overall microgreens have higher concentrations of vitamins and carotenoids than the mature plants. They are bountiful in antioxidants that are essential for fighting free radical damage and keeping the immune system healthy.
- And most importantly when you grow microgreens yourself you reduce exposure to pesticides, food additives, and other harmful chemicals that can hinder weight loss and have an ill effect on health.
Being harvested so early in their growth cycle, they create very tenderly, flavorful stems and leaves, which are superb in salads, sandwiches, or as a powerful additive for garnishing. If you are purchasing microgreens, look for dark and vibrant colors because these have the maximum nutrients.