Placing these plant at right place can change your fortune overnight !
House gardening as per Vastu Shashtra
Astrology and plants are associated with each other. Trees and vegetation not only protect the environment but are also capable of affecting human life by subsiding the ill effects of planets. In this way, plants play an important role in planetary remedies.
Trees are worshipped like Gods in Indian culture. It is a general belief that there are representative trees for every zodiac sign under whose protection the subject is blessed with favorable fruits.
If you want to fill your life with positive energy, happiness and prosperity then you are suggested to plant a tree according to your zodiac sign.¬†
These specific plants/trees can remove obstacles from one‚Äôs life.
Some auspicious trees according to Vastu good for the residents are described below along with their usefulness:
Research shows evidence that oxygen is produced in large amounts by the leaves of this tree and it is found in high concentration under the branches, probably due to the thick foliage. Hence, it is considered very healthy to stroll around and near this tree in the mornings. For this reason, it is considered a sacred tree and is worshiped in India.
It is usually found near temples or temples that are also constructed near these trees. It has a very long life and can survive for centuries. However, it is not suitable near a house, since it has far-spreading roots which can affect the foundation of the building.
This tree has great medicinal value and its extract is used in pesticides. Its twigs can also be used to brush one‚Äôs teeth and neem oil is used in physiotherapy. Since neem leaves are very bitter, a mixture of neem leaves, tender green mango and jaggery is eaten on New Year in South India as a symbolic gesture gearing up to face the sweet, sour and bitter experiences of the coming. Therefore, this is a good tree to have in a house garden.
Most parts of the mango tree have medicinal value. Its leaves are used in religious rituals. It is considered very auspicious if the dead are cremated using mango tree fire-wood. Mango trees also have a very long life and can survive for 400-500 years. Obviously, this is also a very useful tree to have in your garden.
Like the ‚Äòmango tree, the jack-fruit tree also produces delicious, seasonal, fruit in large numbers. The yellow juicy kernels inside the jackfruit are used to make different types of sweets and pies. The beautiful yellow colored wood from this tree is used to make furniture, doors, windows etc. Its leaves are considered auspicious and are also used in religious ceremonies. Therefore, it is useful and can be planted in a garden.
lot of illnesses can be treated with concoctions made from the roots, stem, flowers, and leaves of this tree.¬†
Every part of this tree is useful. The tender coconut water is a very healthy, cool, low-fat drink. The oil extracted from coconut is used in cooking as well as hair oil. Coir is a very useful by-product which is used in making mats, carpets etc. The leaves of the coconut tree are weaved and used as roofing for huts by the poor. Its dry leaves are also used as fire-wood. It has a long life of about 100-150 years and is prohibited from being cut. Due to its usefulness, it is considered a sacred tree.
Sandal wood is very expensive as it is used to make exquisite handicrafts, and its oil is very fragrant. Sandalwood paste when applied on the forehead, cools the head, and so is used in temples and in hot places like Kerala, India. It is also used to make incense sticks.¬†
In general, plants with sweet-smelling flowers like jasmine, red lotus, blue lotus, etc are good in the house compound as they release a pleasant fragrance and can also be used in daily worship. Moreover, as these flowers are produced around the year, they are always available.
Thorny plants should not be planted near the house. Cactus should not be planted at all. Thorny plants other than roses have negative energy. Ideally, all thorny plants should be pulled up and destroyed. The reason could be that the thorns can hurt you when you brush past them so be careful.
Creepers or other plants should not be grown along-side the building wall as support their clingers slowly creep into tiny cracks in the walls and gradually widen them as they grow, causing damage and seepage of water through the walls. Creepers should only be grown in a garden, and they should have their own independent supports.
A creeper like a money plant can be grown within the house but should not be grown outside, using a tree for support.
Flower pots should not be kept on the compound wall facing the North, East or North-East as they will block the useful morning sunlight coming in from these directions. Flower pots and decorative plants can be placed on the ground in these directions, but they should not grow taller than 3 feet.
Lawns should be in the East or the North. ¬†A small water-fall of three to four feet can be constructed in the East or the North leaving the North-East corner. If there is a swimming pool in the garden, it should be in the North or North-East direction, so that people using the pool benefit from the sun rays and also, the water will get purified by the direct rays of the Sunlight.
The following points may be kept in mind while planting flowers and plants:
- Champak, Mogra and Parijat should not be planted in southwest, northwest or east directions.
- Flower pots should not be kept on the east, north or northeast wall of the building.
- The trees which bear fruits should be planted in the east direction of the garden.
- Tall trees should be planted in the southwest direction. It will give stability and progress.
- A dead or leafless tree in front of the house is not considered good. It should be uprooted.
- If a tree on the opposite side of the road has only two branches, it is not good.
- Trees should be planted in even numbers.
- The coconut tree brings good luck. So, it is good to plant it in the garden.
- Money Plant in the house brings wealth and good luck.
- Mango, lemon, banana and papaya trees should not be planted in the east or north direction.
- Coconut and lemon trees should be planted in the south or west direction of the garden.
- Do not cut trees in the month of Bhadrapad or Magh.
- Trees in the North, East and North-East directions of the house should not be taller than the height of the house.
- If the shadow of a tree falls on the house in the first or last quarter of the day it will prove beneficial to those living in that house.
- However, if the shadow of a tree falls on the house continuously for 8 to 12 hours it will be troublesome for the inmates of the house.
- A tree in the middle of the main door/gate of the house is not auspicious.
- Bonsai plants should not be kept inside the house. They can harm the owner and his children.
- As far as possible cotton, tamarind, Imli and gum plants should not be planted in the house.
- Bargad and Peepal like trees that extract milk are also nor considered good. They cause pain for those living in the house.
- Peepal Tree should not be damaged or cut. However if due to unavoidable circumstances it is required to e cut, do it only after prayers and offering of rice and curd.
- Thorny plants like Cactus etc. should e avoided because they provide negative energy. They can cause problems related to the lungs and kidneys. However, Ashoka trees planted between the Cactus plants considerably reduce the ad effects of Cactus.
- Planting of dwarf plants i the garden brings quarrel in the house.
- Chandan brings prosperity, happiness, and long life.