Rosemary - Plant
( 5 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Evergreen rosemary is an attractive evergreen shrub with needle-like leaves and brilliant blue flowers. The flowers of evergreen rosemary persist through spring and summer, filling the air with a nice piney fragrance.
Common name: rosemary
Height: Height : 4 to 6 feet Width : 2 to 4 feet
Difficulty level: Easy
Planting & Care
For a head start, plant the seeds or cuttings indoors 8 to 10 weeks before the last spring frost. Plant the seeds/cuttings in well-drained soil. For best growth, the soil should be around 70ºF.
Be sure to give your plants enough room to grow. Rosemary grows to about 4 feet tall and spreads about 4 feet as well. In the garden, plant near beans, cabbage, carrots, and sage.
Sunlight: It tolerates partial shade, but prefers full sun.
Soil: Well-drained soil with a pH between 6 and 7.
Water: Keep the soil uniformly moist, allowing it to dry out between watering.
Temprature: 15 to 37 °c
Fertilizer: Regular but a light fertilizer application does well for rosemary.
- After the plant flowers, remember to trim the plant.
- For fresh rosemary in the winter, grow the plant indoors in a pot.
- Be sure to put it in bright light and cool temperatures.
- Prune regularly so that the plant won t get lanky.
- Water the plants evenly throughout the growing season.
- Be sure to get cuttings or divide the plant for next season.
- To prevent mildew and rot, be sure your plants enjoy good drainage and air circulation.
- Laboratory studies have shown rosemary to be rich in antioxidants, which play an important role in neutralizing harmful particles called free radicals.
Blood levels of a rosemary oil component correlate with improved cognitive performance, according to research in Therapeutic Advances in Psychopharmacology, published by SAGE.
Rosemary contains an ingredient, carnosic acid, that is able to fight off free radical damage in the brain.
Rosemary may significantly help prevent brain ageing.
Rosemary may be an effective herbal anti-inflammatory and anti-tumour agent.
- While rosemary blends well with other herbs, use it lightly on its own in lamb, pork, chicken, and veal dishes, as well as in soups and stews, vegetables, and sauces.
- Rosemary provides a wonderful flavour in breads and makes a good marinade with olive oil, wine, and garlic.
- Rosemary’s aromatic qualities also enhance a bath, bouquet, wreath, or sachet.
- While any rosemary can easily fit as a decorative plant in your flower bed or garden, there are several cultivars that are more ornamental than the species and will attract the attention of your neighbours.
For medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor / physician before use.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.