Gomphrena Haageana Strawberry - Seeds
( 190 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
As the name suggests, Gomphrena produces globe-shaped blossoms with papery bracts in dainty shades of lavender, purple, pink, red, magenta, blue, orange and white. Gomphrena s unique texture and beauty are highly valued for dried flower or cut flower arrangements. Gomphrena can reach about 25cm to 45cm in height and each tiny bloom measures about 1 inch in diameter.
Each Gomphrena plant can produce dozens of showy flower heads from midsummer to frost, displaying a serene view. This sun-loving plant attracts a variety of butterflies to your home garden— a perfect mix to brighten up your landscape effortlessly.
Common name: globe amaranth
Color: Pink, Red, White
Bloom time: Fall Bloom, Summer Bloom
Height: Height: 1.00 to 2.00 feet
Spread: 0.50 to 1.00 feet
Difficulty level: Easy
Planting & Care
Growing globe amaranth is not difficult at all. Start seeds indoors six weeks before the last frost. They will germinate faster if you soak them in water prior to planting. If you wish to sow them outdoors, wait until the soil has warmed and there is no chance of frost.
Sunlight: Although the plants tolerate partial shade, full sun makes for more vibrant blossoms.
Soil: well-drained soil with a pH range of about 5.8 to 6.2
Water: Water the gomphrena just enough to keep its root zone saturated. Add water when the topsoil is dry to the touch. Although this plant tolerates the warm weather of the Bay Area well, it flourishes when kept on a regular watering schedule.
Fertilizer: Fertilize the plant with a balanced, slow-release fertilizer with an N-P-K ratio such as 14-14-14 at planting. Add a water-soluble fertilizer according to the instructions on the label once every few weeks.
- Once established, Gomphrena is actually maintenance-free.
- But if you want a healthy, deeply-coloured full plant, it s best to give your Gomphrena plant some extra pampering.
- Pruning: Pinch off the branches while it is young to promote bushier exterior.
- Also, pinch off wilted blooms.
- This will not only keep your plants neat and lovely but also prevent Gomphrena from seeding too early.
- The proper way to deadhead is by pinching the faded bloom with your fingernail, including the attached stem down to the succeeding bloom or leaf.
You can find many uses for this tidy annual in your flower garden:
Globe amaranth works well in container gardens
Include globe amaranth in your butterfly garden
Plant globe amaranth at the front of the border
Grow globe amaranth with other flowers that you can dry for crafts, like paper daisy or statice.