Antirrhinum, Snapdragons (Peach) - Plant
When all the colors of Antirrhinum are mixed and planted, it gives you a colorful flower bed in your garden. plants are available in plastic pots
( 48 times booked in last 90 days )
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
The vertical flower spikes, opening gradually from the bottom to the top, are available in two heights: dwarf varieties grow to about 10 inches while the taller types grow to a height of 18-24 inches.
A variety that grows up to 5 feet has been developed, but it must be staked. A single snapdragon plant may produce seven or eight blossom spikes in the course of a summer.
Common name: snapdragon
Color: Maroon, purple plus bicolor
Bloom time: April to frost
Height: Height: 1.00 to 3.00 feet Spread: 0.50 to 1.00 feet
Difficulty level: Easy
Planting & Care
It is usually grown as an annual. It is easily grown in moist, organically rich, well-drained soils in full sun. Avoid overhead watering. Start seeds indoors 6-10 weeks before last frost date or purchase starter plants. Set out plants/seedlings after last frost date.
Pinch stem tips of young plants to promote bushiness and prevent leggy growth. Deadhead spent flowers to prolong bloom. If flowering slows drastically after the first flush of bloom, consider cutting plants back hard and fertilizing. Snapdragons are inexpensive plants that are perhaps best repurchased each spring.
Sunlight: Full sun
Soil: They will grow well in average soil. Soil should be well draining.
Temprature: 32°F to 65°F
Fertilizer: Add a general purpose fertilizer before planting if the soil is poor. After the flowers have died off, cut the plant back to about six inches. Then add some general purpose fertilizer. This will promote new growth and a second bloom.
- If insect or disease problems occur, treat early with organic or chemical insect repellents and fungicide.
- Snapdragons are very hardy.
- They can withstand a heavy frost.
- So, if your plant is still blooming in the fall, do not be too quick to clean up the flower garden.
deer resistant non-aggressive non-invasive fragrant
- Snapdragons produce multiple flowers on stalks and can range in height from 8 inches to greater than 3 feet.
- They bloom profusely and come in many colours, mainly in pastel and bright shades, including white, pink, yellow, peach, orange, purple, bronze and two-tone flowers.
http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/PlantFinder/PlantFinderDetails.aspx?kempercode=a561 http://www.gardenersnet.com/flower/snapdragon.htm http://homeguides.sfgate.com/planting-time-snapdragons-65570.html