Mussaenda (Pink) - Plant
The pack contains 5 bulbs each of
- Gladiolus bulbs
- Rajanigandha bulbs
- Zephyranthes bulbs
*Offer valid till stock last.
*Use coupon : NLGRZB
Mussaenda bushes are evergreens in the Rubiaceae family that bloom from ... The bloom colors can be yellow, red or creamy white with red, white or pink bracts
Common name: paper-rose
Color: Red or yellow with white
Bloom time: Seasonal bloomer
Height: 1.00 to 3.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
All is not what it seems with a Mussaenda flower. Take a look at a ‘flower’ and what will first strike you are the large showy ‘petals’ which are in fact enlarged floral sepals. These surround the yellow, cream or white flowers. The starry true flowers are 5 petaled and have a crepe like texture.
Sunlight: Full sun to part shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Mussaendas are generally pest free, particularly if their nutritional and climatic needs are met.
- They can be subject to scale, mealy bug.
- In turn this can lead to sooty mould growing on honey dew.
- This seems to be worse when plants grown up against a house where the warm, dry conditions encourage these pests.
Shrub in tropical climates. Container plant in St. Louis.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
No serious insect or disease problems. Watch for spider mites and whiteflies on indoor plants.