Acalypha Marble - Plant
( 0 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
It is grown for its multi-coloured, toothed, oval leaves. Use it as a house plant or as an annual or container plant outdoors where it is not hardy. Flowers are small, green or pinkish.
Height: 6-10 feet.
Difficulty level: Easy.
Planting & Care
The most important thing in growing copper leaf plants is the location. The best place to grow the plant is in full sun, although it can survive in half sun or partially shaded areas.
Direct sunlight, however, makes the leaves more brightly coloured. This is why it’s advisable to place it near windows or areas with plenty of sunlight if growing indoors, with temperatures above 55 F. (13 C.), to ensure their foliage gets a healthy blend of colours.
Sunlight: Bright-light not necessarily direct sunlight.
Soil: A well-drained potting mix.
Water: Acalypha like a regular supply of water, even during the winter months.
Temprature: Above 55 F. (13 C.) Warm temperatures more than 60˚F.
Fertilizer: Acalypha appreciate regular doses of fertilizer throughout the growing season. Liquid is best, but they will also thrive with a controlled-release fertilizer. Reduce fertilization in winters or stop.
- They do best with a high humidity level, so if your house is dry, you will want to regularly mist your plant or keep it in a tray of pebbles.
- Pruning is also a good part of copper leaf plant care, as it helps control the shrubs size and shape while removing diseased or damaged branches.
- Ensure the pot is twice the size of the plant’s root ball.
- Mixing the soil with a slow-release fertilizer supplies the nutrients the Acalypha copper plant needs to grow well.
- Put the pot or container in a sunny or partially shaded location if growing it outdoors, or near a window with bright light inside.
- Adding fertilizer every three months helps the soil retain its nutrients.
http://houseplants.about.com/od/Easy_Plants/p/Acalypha-how-To-Grow-Acalypha-Species-Indoors.htm http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/shrubs/acalypha/growing-acalypha-copper-plants.htm http://www.finegardening.com/copperleaf-acalypha-wilkesiana