Phyllostachys Nigra, Black Bamboo - Plant
( 7 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Black bamboo.
Height: 25-35 feet.
Difficulty level: Easy to grow.
Planting & Care
Sunlight: Sheltered sunny position
Soil: Requires a rich damp soil.
Water: Bamboo should be watered thoroughly, two to four times per week from late spring through fall, or as needed.
Temprature: A very hardy plant, tolerating temperatures down to at least -7°c, but it dislikes prolonged exposure to hard frosts.
Fertilizer: Fertilizer should be applied to correlate with the two main growth phases bamboo goes through in a season. The first application should be done in early spring, Feb. though March, as the bamboo is gathering energy to produce new shoots. The second should be applied in mid summer as the roots strengthen, and develop small buds in preparation for the following flush of new shoots.
- When a bamboo is dehydrated, the leaves will curl upward to prevent further water loss.
- Water the bamboo thoroughly if you notice these symptoms.
- The leaves are anti-pyretic and diuretic.
- They are used internally in the treatment of fevers (especially infantile convulsions), vomiting and nosebleeds.
- Landscape Uses:Container, Massing, Specimen.
- Thin walled but durable, the canes are also used for cabinet work and for decorative panels and inlays.