Mimusops Hexandra, Khirni - 0.5 Kg Seeds
Botanical name: Manilkara hexandra Family: Sapotaceae (Mahua family)
Synonyms: Mimusops hexandra
( 5 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
Note: We do not provide germination guarantee in forestry, ornamental seeds & medicinal seeds. Proper germination instruction and plant care conditions must be followed by customer for expected results.
Sprays of white or pale yellow flowers with oblang petals open from August-December on branches clad in thick leathery leaves. The wood is very hard, heavy, and very durable, weighing 70 pounds per cubic foot, the bark colour ranging from dark pink to dark purple. This wood is frequently used for heavy structural work such as gate posts and big beams.
Found across SE Asia and the Indian sub-continent, this slow-growing evergreen tree grows in tropical and temperate forests.
Common name: Ceylon Iron Wood, milk tree, wedge-leaved ape flower • Hindi: दृढ़ drirh, खिरनी khirni, क्षीरी kshiri, रायन rayan • Marathi: करणी karani, खिरणी khirni, राजण rajana, रांजण ranjana, रायण rayan, रायणी rayani • Tamil: உலக்கைப்பாலை ulakkai-p-palai • Malayalam: കൃണി krini, പഴമുന്പാല pazhamunpaala • Telugu: అంకాలు ankalu, నందివృక్షము nandivriqshamu, పాలచెట్టు palachettu • Kannada: bakula • Bengali: krikhiyur • Konkani: कर्णी karni, रांजण ranjana • Gujarati: ખિર્ની khirni, રાયન rayan • Sanskrit: क्षीरिणी kshirini, निम्बबिज nimbabija, राजादन rajadana Botanical name: Manilkara hexandra Family: Sapotaceae (Mahua family)
Bloom time: September-December
Height: 3 to 25 m
Difficulty level: Easy
Planting & Care
- The seeds are of medicinal value
- The fruit can be eaten fresh or dried.
- A sweet flavour, but somewhat astringent.
- A pale yellow oil, known as rayan oil, is obtained from the seed kernels.
- The seeds contain 25% oil.
- The bark is added to palm sugar to inhibit fermentation.