Crested Coelogyne - Plant
( 1 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Coelogyne cristata is an unusual Coelogyne in that its 30cm (12 inch) long flower stems rise from the base of the pseudo-bulbs. Each stem carries up to eight roughly bowl-shaped blooms, up to 10cm (4 inch) across.
Common name: Snow Queen, Angel Orchid
Color: Coelogyne orchid plants have clusters of fragrant lacy snow-white flowers; salmon-pink solitary flowers; chainlike racemes of topaz and chocolate brown flowers; spikes of delicate white spice-scented flowers; emerald green flowers marked with blue-black.
Bloom time: March-April.
Height: 6-12 inch.
Difficulty level: medium
Planting & Care
Sunlight: Although they like high light levels they should not be placed in direct strong sunlight near to the glass as the leaves may become scorched.
Soil: Use a potting mix that retains a fair amount of moisture without getting soggy, such as coconut husks, fine fir bark, or tree fern fiber.
Water: Do not allow these Coelogyne Orchids to fully dry out between watering (drying out below the surface between watering is perfect). Water minimully during the winters.
Temprature: During the day, Coelogynes prefer temperatures to be between 80 to 85 degrees F. and in the evening,it prefers cooler temps between 55 to 65 degrees F. but not below 50 or above 86 degrees F. They do best in cooler environments.
Fertilizer: The plants are moderate feeders and a general purpose plant food can be applied from April to September.
- Coelogyne Orchids grow best with a humidity tray underneath them and 60-80% humidity.
- If you are not able to use a tray, it helps to mist your orchid to add a little humidity to the air (this works if your orchid is in a warmer area).
- The plants should never be over potted as this can cause excess water to be retained in the pot causing some stagnation of the compost.
- Use a medium grade compost and repot every April after flowering or alternatively allow them to grow in to large specimen plants and repot every 2 to 3 years.
- his orchid demands to be grown into a specimen size to highlight its beauty.
- Also, Coelogyne cristata has high ornamental value as a cut flower lasting for 15 to 60 days.