Butternut - Plant
( 0 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Cucurbita moschata
Bloom time: May to June
Height: 40.00 to 60.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
The butternut squash growing season begins when all danger of frost is past and the soil is well warmed by the sun, about 60 to 65 F. (15-18 C.) at a 4-inch depth. Butternut squash plants are extremely tender and the seedlings will freeze with the slightest frost and seeds will only germinate in warm soil.
Sunlight: Full sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Plant in a location that enjoys full sun and remember to water moderately.
- Keep in mind when planting that Waltham butternut is thought of as tender, so it is imperative to wait until temperatures are mild before planting out of doors.
- Use USDA Hardiness Zone 3 - 12 as your guideline for the appropriate climate for this plant.
Butternut is of interest to native plant enthusiasts and for those who wish to harvest the nuts.
- Preparing and Eating Decorative Squash and Pumpkins
Onset of the disease is often first seen as dying stems and branches in the upper crown.