Berberis aquifolium - Plant
( 0 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Mountain grape, Oregon grape. ... Berberis repens, Lind
Bloom time: April
Height: 3.00 to 6.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
The berberis aquifolium grows best when planted in soil that has a neutral or slightly acidic pH. Even though it tolerates soil of poor quality, if the plant starts to flounder, the gardener needs to add mulch or check the soil s acidity level.
Sunlight: Part shade to full shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: temperature just above 0 C.
Fertilizer: The plant should be pruned occasionally to remove suckers and to control growth; it does well with hard pruning. The spring is the best time to cut back old growth without harming the plant.
- The plant needs to be checked regularly for infestations by whiteflies, aphids or scale.
- A sticky substance called honeydew and sooty mold are signs of an infestation.
- These need to be treated immediately.
The Oregon grape can grow in both sun and shade, although it does better in the shade or partial light. Full exposure to the sun can burn the leaves. It doesn t do well when exposed to strong winds, so a natural barrier or windbreak is necessary.
- Best in small groupings in shady areas.
- Shrub borders.
- Foundation plantings.
- Woodland or shade gardens.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor / physian befor use.
https://www.reference.com/home-garden/care-berberis-aquifolium-ec30e2c20b745431# http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/PlantFinder/PlantFinderDetails.aspx?kempercode=c291 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahonia_aquifolium