Rauvolfia Serpentina, Sarpgandha - Plant
( 43 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Indian Snakeroot,
Color: white, pinkish
Bloom time: March to May
Height: 60 cm.
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Sarpagandha is a famous tranquilizer and antipsychotic herb of India for the treatment of paranoia and schizophrenia, as well as a substance that controls hypertension. Sarpagandha is an erect, evergreen shrub, merely 15 to 45 cm high. Its leaves are large, in whorls of three - dark green above and pale green below. The flowers are white, pinkish or red, occurring in whorls.
Sunlight: Full Sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 25° C
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- The flowers are white, pinkish or red, occurring in whorls.
- Its fruit are tiny, oval, fleshy which turn a shiny purple-black when ripe.
- It is the roots of the plant that are mainly used for medicinal purposes.
- it was used to treat over a million Indians in the 1940s for high blood pressure.
- After a U.
- physician named Wilkins demonstrated the positive effects of reserpine (1952), the plant made front page news.
- This drug rapidly replaced electric shock and lobotomy as treatments for certain types of mental illness.
Moreover, knowledge about the chemistry of this natural plant stimulated the synthesis of other similar alkaloids that are now used as major tranquilizers.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.