Schefflera - Plant
( 615 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Also called the umbrella plant, the schefflera is a popular houseplant because of the beauty of its dark green leaves, which form "fingers" in a circle. The designs formed on floors and walls in the sunlight lends a pleasing look to a room. Caring for a schefflera is quite simple, and the plant will grow for many years.
Common name: umbrella plant
Height: 12 to 15 ft.
Difficulty level: easy
Planting & Care
In the right conditions, schefflera can be propagated with leaf cuttings. Use a rooting hormone and provide lots of humidity and warmth. Expect a high failure rate, however, as these are tropical plants. They can also be propagated by air-layering.
Sunlight: Bright, indirect light. In the summer, move it outside if possible under a shady overhang.
Soil: Rich, loose potting media.
Water: Water weekly during the growing season and spray frequently. Cut back water during winter.
Temprature: They suffer below about 60ºF. Do not expose to drafts or dry heating vents.
Fertilizer: Feed twice weekly during growing season with liquid fertilizer or use two applications of slow-release pellets. They are heavy feeders.
- An underwatered, cold schefflera will begin to drop leaves quickly, so take leaf-drop seriously and move to correct the problem.
- If you lose all the leaves, but you want to save the plant, move it outside in the spring, give it lots of water, and it should leaf back out.
- Schefflera is commonly grown in mild to warm climates as a decorative tree in larger gardens.
Schefflera plants are poisonous to people and animals, if eaten. It is not often fatal but will cause a burning sensation, swelling, difficulty swallowing, and in severe cases, difficult breathing.