Lemon Grass - Plant
( 1317 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Cymbopogon citratus
Bloom time: Rarely flowers
Height: 2.00 to 4.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
lthough this plant is native to hot and humid areas in Southeast Asia, with proper care, lemongrass can be grown in almost any sunny garden.
Sunlight: full sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: above 40°F.
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- You can harvest your lemongrass anytime during the growing season.
- Choose stalks that are at least half an inch thick and cut them at ground level with a sharp, clean knife.
The stalk is used for cooking, and the leaves are used for teas. Lemongrass tea can be calming and soothe stomachs. A popular tea blend is “Sleepy Time Tea,” which is a mixture of lemongrass, lavender and German chamomile flowers.
- Lemon Grass is a fragrant herb which is increasingly being used in teas, beverages, herbal medicines, and Eastern inspired soups and other dishes.
- This grass grows in dense clumps that can grow to 6 ft in height and about 4 ft in width, although it commonly seen much smaller.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose
The lemon scent of lemongrass will usually keep garden pests away, but cats love lemongrass and will chew on it if allowed to. Leaf blight may also affect your lemongrass.
http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Lemon%20Grass.html http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/PlantFinder/PlantFinderDetails.aspx?kempercode=a504 http://homeguides.sfgate.com/care-lemon-grass-21745.html