Washingtonia - Plant
( 2 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Mexican fan palms.
Height: 30m in its native habitat
Difficulty level: Medium.
Planting & Care
Plant at least 6 to 8 feet away from the house to give the big fronds room to spread out. If planting in a row, place them at least 6 feet apart. For using along a drive, come out at least 5 or 6 feet so the young palm s wide crown isn t in the way. This palm is too fast and too big to make a good container plant.
Sunlight: Full sun, sheltered aspect.
Soil: Good drainage, alkaline gritty soil.
Water: it appreciates regular waterings to keep it moving.
Temprature: it will manage temperatures to -6C but needs care and extra protection through the winter months.
Fertilizer: Fertilize in spring, summer and fall with a good palm fertilizer containing micronutrients.
- It is probably one of the fastest-growing palm trees in the world even in cool weather but for it to really shoot up, it likes heat during the summer months.
- Washingtonias are happier in a less humid climate than ours, so pick a sunny, well-drained place where the palm will get good breezes.
- Soil amendments aren t really necessary.
- Beware of the sharp teeth on the palm s leaf stems.
- Landscape uses for washingtonia palm lining the property border in groups as architectural accents for a tall house anchor or backdrop for groupings of smaller palms and shrubs in a row along a fence, walk or driveway