Vitex Negundo, Nirgundi ( Black ) - Plant
( 128 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Chinese chastetree, five-leaved chaste tree,
Color: white & light blue
Bloom time: July to August
Height: 3.00 to 10.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Vitex negundo is a deciduous Shrub growing to 3 m (9ft) by 3 m (9ft) at a medium rate.
It is hardy to zone (UK) 8. It is in flower from Sep to October. The flowers are hermaphrodite (have both male and female organs) and are pollinated by Insects.Suitable for: light (sandy) and medium (loamy) soils, prefers well-drained soil and can grow in nutritionally poor soil. Suitable pH: acid, neutral and basic (alkaline) soils. It cannot grow in the shade. It prefers dry or moist soil.
Sunlight: Full sun
Soil: well-drained soils
Temprature: 20º to 300º
Fertilizer: apply any organic fertilizer
- Chinese Vitex prefers warm sunny positions with a light, well drained soil.
- Other soil types and poor soils are acceptable, as is moist or drier soil.
- Some shade may be okay depending on other factors, but full shade will not produce good results.
- Although, the plant will tolerate temperatures to -10 C, it is best to protect it from cold, drying winds.
It is not very hardy in climates similar to cold European winters.
- The seed should be sown in March or semi hardwood cutting may be taken for propagation.
The leaves are used to repel insects in grain stores.
- This species is widely used in Chinese herbal medicine, it is the second most important treatment for chronic bronchitis
- Interesting foliage and late summer flowers are attractive in shrub borders.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor / physian befor use.
http://www.pfaf.org/user/Plant.aspx?LatinName=Vitex+negundo http://www.robsplants.com/plants/VitexNegun http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/PlantFinder/PlantFinderDetails.aspx?kempercode=m860