Umbrella Sedge - Plant
( 99 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Umbrella sedges come in a variety of types, including a popular dwarf variety (Cyperus albostriatus) and the larger Cyperus involucratus. They tend to grow quickly, often overpowering their original planting location, and require some yearly trimming.
Common name: Umbrella Sedge
Bloom time: Early July through late August
Height: 6-15 inches.
Difficulty level: easy
Planting & Care
Umbrella sedge can grow in standing moisture or in ponds as well as in perennial beds if watered regularly. It also is suitable for container growing, and you can grow it as a houseplant in cold winter areas. If you have limited garden space, plant it in a container before adding it to ponds or gardens to restrain its root growth.
Umbrella sedge can become invasive under the right conditions either by spreading its seeds or by forming clumps. When the clumps get too large or root-bound, unpot them or dig them up to divide them.
Sunlight: Full sun or partial shade.
Water: Water regularly.
- The tubers are credited with astringent, diaphoretic, diuretic, dessicant, cordial and stomachic properties.
- A decoction of the tuber is used for washing hair, treating gonorrhea and syphilis.
- It is also given in diarrhea and for general weakness.
- Often cultivated as a garden ornamental, particularly in ponds and water features.